Saturday, June 30, 2012

SO YOU EARN MORE THAN HIM ……



I know when we get married my money becomes our money and his money becomes our money, but what do you do when you make more. Money is a touchy enough subject for people in love and there are plenty of chances for complication. Statistically speaking, one spouse will always make more than the other since the odds aren’t exactly in favour of a couple making identical salaries. That being said, I question my own difficulties with being the primary breadwinner.
Money is one of the biggest causes of relationship failure today. There seems to be no happy medium: either there is not enough, or, believe it or not, there is too much. Tensions over finances can cause conflict in a loving relationship. Imbalances in partners' pay checks. This is especially true when the woman is the principal breadwinner in the family. In my opinion, the whole situation is sad and pathetic. Since when is love measured by a balance sheet, income statement, or one's salary? A scorecard -- keeping track of each person's monetary contribution to a relationship and family -- is no measure of the love one partner has for the other. However, considering what I see and hear, it seems as though many couples believe this is the case. It pains me to see such destruction of lives over Naira.

Love has nothing to do with money. (Did I really say that?) I believe there is no in between. When another person in your life, especially your partner or spouse becomes jealous, envious, or resentful about your career successes, it is a result of his or her own fear. If this person is important to you, it is up to you to communicate how this makes you feel. I find it sad that I have to say to you that success, unfortunately, does come with a price in our society today. Personally, I choose to have friends and, more importantly, a loving partner who respects and loves me more for the unique individual who I am, rather than for the level of my financial success in the world. Life is full of choices. Ultimately, we choose our friends; more importantly, we choose the life partner with whom we wish to share life's journey of rising love. We all need to take responsibility for the choices we make. If you are a successful woman, I would strongly suggest that you choose a life partner and friends who are not intimidated by your financial or social status.

Life is not about money, success, or whose earnings are greater. Life is about Love: Love with no Fear. That is our ultimate choice. Understand that money is not everything. It is just a mere source necessary to meet your daily needs and requirements. So, don’t let it come in between you and your partner. Remember, it was love and that ‘special’ bond that brought the two of you together and not money!





1 comment:

  1. Rare to find a man who wouldnt feel threatened but like everything, there are exceptions.................

    ReplyDelete